17 January 2011

Christmas - the most repeated food blog posting of all

Rather boring for the reader I'm sure - however in the absence of more interesting food experiences lately, here you go!
Christmas Eve lunch was my contribution, with a 3-course meal for the whole fang damily, 2 choices per course and 17 people.
Stew and I hung branches and candles 
 My Mum and Dad played our silly game and wore the crowns
 Here's my grandmother (97 this year) and nephew Harry - home from Yale for 2 weeks to the delight of everyone, especially his mother and grandmother
 Ann designed the menus for me - Rangiputa Fish cakes (below) or mussels in white wine sauce for the entree.
 Mains were barbecued turkey with cranberry relish, or fillet of beef. Simple sesame asparagus and a caesar salad on the table made the sides easy.
 Harry had everything that was going, plus a packet of chocolate biscuits from the pantry. While he thought we weren't looking.
 Dessert was a choice of mini pavlovas with champagne and mint strawberries, or my home made baklava. Most had both.

Stew was King of the barbeque!

No comments: