05 March 2010

Food services

Back on 12th February I was wondering about food services that deliver - with my computer-challenged, cheque-book carrying grandmother in mind. Since then I've ordered a few sample meals from Tomorrow's Meals in Tauranga and during a visit to Rotorua last weekend my Mum and I took them to Nana. Her reaction was, "What on earth do you think I need those for!?" Not surprising at all knowing her - ferociously independent - even at 95. So Mum tucked them away in the freezer while she wasn't looking and I promised Nana that it wasn't that I thought she needed looking after, just a convenience for some evening when she'd rather not think about cooking.
The meals looked pretty good sizes, although being frozen and covered it was a bit tricky to see them and I didn't want to open them.

(I do think they need to keep the type size realistic for their customers who I'm presuming are largely the older age groups)
Anyway there they were in the freezer with the ones Mum bought her 6 months ago... might be on a losing streak there!

No comments: