14 February 2010

A worthy Challenge......

There are so many wonderful and unknown ingredients out there... every day we see them at the supermarket, in magazines, in recipes, in passing. Not only are there the new - the bewildering, the wondrous - but there are in my mind some fearsome items as well.
I've decided to choose one a week, and learn what to do with it. But not just research it; I mean to cook something with it. Tame it! Take control of it! Much like learning a new word a day, this will be a really good means of extending my cooking vocabulary. Hope you'll join me! Maybe even suggest ingredients you're worried about.

Let's start a list:
Offal of all kinds: liver, kidneys, stomach and intestines, tongue, brains
Yeast
Sago
Marrow
Eggplant
Eel
Duck
Shrimps and Calamari
Rabbit

Right - that's a good start!
Meet you back here regularly and we'll knock them off.

No comments: