05 February 2010

In pursuit of the best...

Cheese and Onion Toasted Sandwich
A simple but fantastic way to eat cheese - as if further excuses were necessary.
Start with buttered bread. I put the second slice upside down on top of the first because I don't like butter all over my board. Very OCD...
Finely chop the onion and lay over the (Tasty) cheese slices.

Lift the second slice off the first and place it on the heated plate of the sandwich maker. Top with the other piece of buttered bread - butter outwards.

Most important step: put some cheese slices (about 1/3 of the quantity that's inside) on the outside and shut the machine.

Before long the cheese on the outside will begin to melt and brown

but wait until it's wonderfully brown all over. You may need to turn them and move them around to get the browning even.

Cut and serve.
Fantastic.
Please note: this is not diet food.

2 comments:

ann'svolcanic said...

Dear Me! What on earth are you using my signature dish recipe here on the global web?
Please please please do not ...do you hear me Christine Hobbs? Do not put my 'piece de la resistance' up here! Do not give them my pea and ham soup recipe

Christine Hobbs said...

oh no I'm so sorry! If only I'd seen this before I posted that recipe... my mother must have given it to you as well!?