25 July 2011

Guest posting from Ann in Rotorua

Nanna and I went to 'The 3rd Place' a café where all the profit goes to charity.
It is always full and the atmosphere is busy, clean and 'Christian'...
cleanliness is next to Godliness. I say this seriously not as a joke. Nana had 'the usual' - a scone and a cup of coffee (anything that is made to resemble an instant black coffee). The cheese scone was "crunchy on the outside and doughy in the middle" but looked absolutely gorgeous, if that matters.
My heated Roast Vegetable salad was perfect.

The thing I like is; the staff are adorable and concerned, and not unlike mothers dressed up as waitresses. You half expect them to ask if they can band aid your finger and darn a sock while you are waiting for your order. I 'bagged' a custard square for Harry and he said " it was fabulous!"







I'm sure Dee Pascoe works there... she used to sell cars.

No comments: