04 July 2010

I've been auctioned....

but it was all for a good cause. Rotorua Rowing club held a massive High Tea and auction last weekend at the Blue Baths and I was one of the auction items - first up as it turned out, and hotly contested! (Does wonders for the ego, this stuff...  and the stress levels!)
The auctioneer achieved $700 which goes to help 3 young rowers who are off to row for New Zealand. Fabulous! The Blue Baths did themsleves proud - I was so impressed with their willingness to get behind this event and offer all the assistance they could. I simply have to cook 3 courses for a dinner party of eight.

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

So what exactly sort of high tea was this? It doesn't look much like a real high tea (bread and leftovers and hams and bacon and egg pies and other heavy stuff, eaten with knife and fork, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_%28meal%29) but it looks more substantial than afternoon tea, which is what often gets called high tea these days by people who have been overly influenced by American hotels.

Christine Hobbs said...

yes you're right, it was the American version. I always personally think of a slightly posh afternoon tea when I talk in New Zealand about a high tea, and this one was just that. But the main thing I liked about the event was the wonderful community support for these kids.