21 June 2010

Come on now, Cadbury...


I'm sorry but there's a problem with the Roses chocolates. It's not a new problem, but it is one that's continuing to annoy me. I notice that the Orange chocolate has gone and that's wonderful - no more avoiding that one until there's nothing left in the box...but there is another that seriously needs to be removed as well. Yes, I'm talking about the sickly sweet, slightly pretentious Strawberry Creme. Now as New Zealand's preferred "Thank you" gift, (especially when thanking oneself) it is an embarrassing thing to offer Strawberry Creme. What girl in her right mind would choose it? What bloke? Reminiscent of the cloyingly pungent Strawberry Oil from high school in the 70's, not at all up to the standard required.
Just a hint - BRING BACK THE HARD CARAMEL!

4 comments:

Rosa said...

I love the strawberry creme! Definitely agree with you on the orange chocolate being gone (hurrah, if only the mint one would follow suit), and bringing back the hard caramel, though.

Christine Hobbs said...

Each to their own! I couldn't stand the orange one - worse than strawberry! but I do eat the mint (and everything else... usually in one sitting...). Stop mucking about with Metrosexual favours Cadbury, and let's eat real chocolate.

{call me satch} said...

mint and strawberry always the last to go in our house ....

Christine Hobbs said...

just to prove a point, the strawberry's been sitting on my bench for days now - I have no other chocolate in the house (!) and I have no desire to eat that stray.