01 May 2010

Sydney food trail

Just back on Thurssday from Sydney where we saw lots of things we couldn't identify

I think the picture above was dried paua or abalone - there were abalone shells in the window...

some kind of citrus
I know the persimmons... but had never seen them dried as below.

Wonderful variety of mushrooms


I've seen the Pie Face brand before, but I still like how they describe the contents with an emoticon piped on the top with gravy.

and we were intrigued with the sugar cane juice machine. Wouldn't want your hand stuck in there...

2 comments:

Lin said...

Some kind of citrus: Your photo doesn't give the size of the fruit so I am guessing. It is possibly a Pomelo. Wikipedia entry Very popular in South East Asia. One of the fruits with symbolic/special meaning at Chinese new year too.
http://foodcrazee.blogspot.com/2006/02/foodcrazee-eats-ipoh-pomelo.html
I've seen it in Auckland. HTH

Christine Hobbs said...

thanks so much, I must see if I can find them here in Auckland