23 April 2010

Cook books and "celebrities"

I loved finding out what the top 4 (Steve, Tracey, Kelly and Brett) had devised for their cook book ideas.

I read Richard Till's comment that 25% of Whitcoulls' Christmas delivery of books was cook books. There's obviously a great deal of people who love them. My mother buys them all - she loves them for the photography. I do wonder how many people buy them for no other reason than to have them on the shelf or the kitchen counter? Staging the kitchen perhaps? Well, I'm shallow like that - and I expect others are too.

Now I expect that Kelly will continue with her book too... her idea for a Feelings or Mood based book was quite inspired, given her belief in fitness and whole body well-being. Very interesting, especially choosing to use no meat or fish in her recipes from the cookbook challenge. She was able to take it from the concept stage through to plating wonderfully creative and visual dishes.

No comments: