19 March 2010

Kaffir Lime and a new shop

well, new to me anyway! Driving along Ponsonbby road and there's a massive display of flowers at Number 129, so stopped for flowers for the hostess at tonight's dinner party and was so amazed and impressed at the range of foods there...
kaffir lime!
use juice for Thai flavour
Cape gooseberries!
Gelatin leaf!
Feijoas!
Rhubarb (at a good price...!)
Indian spices, beautiful breads, organic this and NZ grown that...
MUST visit again soon

Just googled it and it's called Bhana Brothers (yes, I know I'm a little bit slow - it's apparently been in that place for 60 years...)

3 comments:

ann'svolcanic said...

I adore Bhana Bros and miss you guys so much. I lived in auckland 18 yrs ...remember me? I bought 300 avocados a year in the days i lived at the Clive Green's and looked like I could kick start jumbos...?

Christine Hobbs said...

she means planes - not elephants.
I wish they would put a sign up - for old times' sake (or is that old timers'?)
Sounds like you need a day out in Ponsonberry Road

ann'svolcanic said...

thanks Sis! certainly do... and a life!
hellllooo...anyone out there? i m off to the abracadabra cafe for quiz night tonight. i really need a life. Scottie will answer 'Hetty Bimbob' to every question and me...well i drink 'virgin marys' as if they are vodka-laden. hmmmm...?