12 February 2010

Avatar! and movie snacks...

I'm really annoyed about this experience...
It costs $60 for 3 movie tickets at Sylvia No Parking and when we turn up the sales assistant is actually leaning her chin on top of the till screen, bored out of her (tiny) mind and hardly able to rouse herself. We want to order icecream and popcorn - still trying to explain that aberration to myself - but it was a special occasion and something we don't do all that often.
So how was the food?
How low can you go.... while she made a fresh berry icecream 20 people joined the queue. 2 of us ordered ready-made choc-bombs and that is a very descriptive name. They are made by Rowena Foods PTY Ltd of Australia - and that explains a lot in itself. And I tell you this because I would hate to think any single further person buys another. The cones were so soft I could unfold mine while the icecream was still inside it. The ícecream would be better described as frozen milk powder. And each one cost $5.
I asked for a glass of water and was charged for a bottle of water at $5 instead - it was produced after the amount was rung onto the till. When I asked to return it for a credit she didn't understand what I was asking.
Ambience: cleaning cupboard at a Timaru youth hostel. (No offence Timaru...) The movie theatre seats were comfortable though
Price: totally insupportable
Service: Non-existent. Though when we queried why we had only 1 pair of 3D glasses when we ordered 2 online (by now the queue had swelled and still only 1 person on the counter) she let us have the extra pair to save herself any further hassle.
Return visit: so unlikely I think I've already forgotten what the inside of the place looked like
The movie is very entertaining though.

No comments: