25 February 2010

Andy Spears leaves Master Chef

I promised my sister I'd write a small cameo one each of the contestants as they leave - just from my perspective.
Andrew works as a sports journalist in Auckland. When I first met him at the Auckland Master Chef auditions I immediately thought of my daughter in Wellington (sorry dear...) as he's just the kind of gorgeous young man I'd pick for her. Good looking, thoroughly 'nice'...Unfortunately for her, his girlfriend is also a dream. Not to me of course... but obviously to him. Anyway Andy is a very friendly kind of guy, genuine and SNAG-ish... (sensitive new age guy) without being girlie.
He's funny, a great cook, and a good guy to have an all-night drinking session with... he has his own very special way of pouring a drink....
Anyway he got on really well with everyone in the house and I thought he'd go pretty far with the competition. But then he probably thought the same about me!

No comments: