28 January 2010

Baking for my fan club of One

Everyone needs a fan club and mine is the adorable Margaret. Here she is with her equally gorgeous husband.... a quote from her latest email to me..."You keep impressing me – You're amazing!"


And the point is we have a weekend with Margaret and friends this weekend so I baked ...

Sticky Fig Slice
2 cups brown sugar and 2 eggs mixed together. Add 1cup chopped dates or figs, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp vanilla essence, 1 cup flour, grated rind of a lemon.
Press into a swiss roll tin lined with baking paper and bake 20 minutes at 180C, leave in tin for 5 minutes before cutting into triangles.
I have to have chocolate I'm sorry, so there it is drizzled across the top. Make a runny icing with a knob of butter, a few choc chips, icing sugar and hot water to mix.

Chocolate Chunk Oat Cookies
which are from my most favourite ever recipe for Choc Chippies from the glorious Jo Seagar. Never did find anything to improve upon this - it's the condensed milk and oats combination.
                                                
250g soft butter blended wtih 1/2 cup white sugar
Add 3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
Mix all and add a minimum of 250gm chunky chocolate pieces or buttons
Bake 170C for 20 minutes.

                                                     

No comments: